Commercial HVAC Installer Mechanic
Comfort Temp is seeking a Commercial HVAC Installer and Start-up Technician to join our team. This position leads and performs in a variety of mechanical maintenance functions that encompass all trades and disciplines. The purpose of the job is to maintain heating/air conditioning and/or refrigeration systems.
Responsibilities include: equipment installation; repairs to heating, ventilation, air conditioning equipment; filter changes, troubleshooting malfunctions and preventative maintenance on such equipment; electrical installation and repairs; refrigeration troubleshooting and repairs; and other mechanical related work as assigned.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Carry out repair, maintenance, or installation of equipment for the generation, utilization, or distribution of commercial systems
- Perform inspection, maintenance, adjustment, and repair of equipment to ensure constant and reliable indoor air comfort, as well as laboratory or critical environment
- Handle and repair test equipment, complex centrifugal chillers, direct expansion and chilled water-based cooling systems, large air handlers, electronic and pneumatic direct digital control systems, and air distribution systems
- Operate, procure, introduce, and get back HFC, HCFC, and CFC refrigerants
- Perform repairs and maintenance of reach in, walk in, standalone ice machines, central plan chillers, pumps, free standing A/C units, refrigerators, roof top cooling units, and guest rooms A/C units · Maintain inventory of parts and supplies of air conditioning and refrigeration equipment
- Design an effective preventive maintenance program to ensure maintenance of equipment is scheduled and carried out regularly as at when due
- Carry out chemical test on cooling tower and chilled water loop as required
- Ensure proper air circulation on the air handler by balancing airflow · Assess vendor specifications and proposals and give recommendations to the customer; supervise material purchase following customer’s ordering procedures
- Perform low voltage wiring; handle BAS system Direct Digital Controllers (DDC)
- Diagnose and effect mechanical, plumbing, and electrical repairs to HVAC equipment
- Carry out regular periodic plumbing and maintenance tasks as needed.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Possess 5 years experience maintaining, repairing, or installing refrigeration and HVAC units, equipment, and systems; or associate’s degree in HVAC/refrigeration systems; or a two-year technical HVAC/refrigeration training program successfully completed after high school; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Strong knowledge of the hazards associated with the occupation, and the safety precautions to maintain all times; examples include knowledge of procedures in handling chemicals such as degreasers, cleaners, Freon, and acids
- Possess required permits and licenses by local laws and ordinances to repair, maintain, and operate refrigeration and HVAC systems and equipment
- Strong ability to give attention to detail and be accurate in performing work duties
- Strong ability to make sound professional judgement and uphold ethics and confidentiality
- Strong communication skills and ability to apply sound discretion · Available and willing to be called upon any time, including off working hours to handle emergency duties
- Ability to climb and maneuver on tight spaces, ladders, and work and staging platforms; ability to lift items weighing up to 50 pounds; strong ability to climb over and around equipment in construction locations; and ability to work 80-90% of the time standing.
- Strong ability to read and comprehend electrical and mechanical plans and wiring diagrams; and adhere to safety guidelines.
We are looking for a candidate who aligns with our Core Values:
- Comfort is Our Concern – create comfortable environments. Deliver peace of mind.
- Commitment to Quality – Never Cut corners. See it through to the very end.
- Answer through Ingenuity – Bring curiosity, creativity and craft to every job.
- People over Ego – Results matter much more than accolades.
- Clear, considerate communication – Tell the truth with kindness and respect.
- Go farther together – Excellence grows from multifaceted partnerships.
Compensation: $25.00 – $38.00/hour, Full-time
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
- Health (80% Employer Contribution)
- Dental & Vision
- Basic & Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accidental & Short-Term Disability
- 401K and Matching
- Celebrate Primary Care
- PTO & Holiday Pay
In addition to these awesome benefits, we offer: gym membership reimbursements, a company funded Wellness Program, uniforms, employee gifts, birthday & holiday gifts, culture teams with fun quarterly events, company parties and fishing tournament & lots of opportunities to get involved in our community and give back! Some positions may also include: company vehicle, gas card, credit card, phone, tablet and/or laptops.
Comfort is our business. Peace of mind if our promise. Comfort Temp offers full service mechanical contracting for new and existing buildings. We are a growing company built on family values. We have office locations in Gainesville, Jacksonville, and Orlando.
Equal Opportunities Employer:
Comfort Temp Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristic.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 – $35.00 per hour