Commercial Plumbing Superintendent
Comfort Temp Company is seeking a Commercial Plumbing Superintendent to join our growing team! The ideal candidate will be driven, safety conscious, and well versed in the commercial and industrial plumbing industry.
- Oversee and uphold job site safety and quality as required and ensure subcontractor compliance with CT Mechanicaal standards and all applicable safety codes, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Ensure quality and finish of all work projects, making sure that each meet company standards, and expectations to promote a reputation of excellence
- Maintain high levels of production to meet profitability goals
- Assist in all heavy lifting (crane lifts, rigging, forklifts, etc.)
- Assist with layout of plumbing systems
- Verify daily reports are completed in a timely manner
- Verify as built drawings are kept up to date and are accurate
- Be available at minimum by phone every hour that people are working on projects you are supervising
- Assist with material takeoffs and orders
- Attend project meetings and interview with potential new candidates as needed
- Provide support and creative solutions for field labor and resources
- Assist with scheduling field labor for all reasonable schedule needs
- Collaborate with PMs, GCs, etc. with all aspects of projects
- Help provide positive reinforcement to and of the field labor
- Help train the future and current workforce in best practice methods
- Thorough knowledge of the methods, techniques, equipment, tools, and material used in the plumbing trade
- Minimum 10 years commercial/ industrial plumbing experience of which at least 3 years were spent in a supervisory capacity
- Ability to read and analyze construction plans and specifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate (preferred)
- Knowledge and experience in the general site work demo and deconstruction industry.
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, and Microsoft Project (preferred)
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in high pressure environment and to meet deadlines.
- Clean driving record
- Clean Background
- OSHA 10 (OSHA 30 preferred)
We are looking for a candidate who aligns with our Core Values:
- Comfort is Our Concern – create comfortable environments. Deliver peace of mind.
- Commitment to Quality – Never Cut corners. See it through to the very end.
- Answer through Ingenuity – Bring curiosity, creativity and craft to every job.
- People over Ego – Results matter much more than accolades.
- Clear, considerate communication – Tell the truth with kindness and respect.
- Go farther together – Excellence grows from multifaceted partnerships.
- Health (80% Employer Contribution)
- Dental & Vision
- Basic & Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accidental & Short-Term Disability
- 401K and Matching
- Celebrate Primary Care
- PTO & Holiday Pay
In addition to these awesome benefits, we offer: gym membership reimbursements, a company funded Wellness Program, uniforms, employee gifts, birthday & holiday gifts, culture teams with fun quarterly events, company parties and fishing tournament & lots of opportunities to get involved in our community and give back! Some positions may also include: company vehicle, gas card, credit card, phone, tablet and/or laptops.
Comfort is our business. Peace of mind if our promise. Comfort Temp offers full service mechanical contracting for new and existing buildings. We are a growing company built on family values. We have office locations in Gainesville, Jacksonville, and Orlando.
Equal Opportunities Employer:
Comfort Temp Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristic.