Commercial Plumbing Apprentice/ Helper
CT Mechanical is seeking a helper with a plumbing background to join our growing team! You will be working alongside our plumbers on commercial job sites in and around the Gainesville area. Our ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual, who is looking to grow within the company. Opportunity for paid apprenticeship program in the fall.
- Travel to job sites and locations as needed in and around the greater Gainesville area
- Perform all work in a safe manner being mindful of other team members to ensure they are working in a safe manner as well
- Wears required PPE as required by at all times
- Abide by all safety and conduct policies laid out by CT Mechanical and job sites
- Preform a variety of duties assigned to them by Lead, Journeyman, Foreman, and Superintendent
- Works with various types of piping including PVC, CPVC, Cast Iron, Copper, and Galvanized piping
- Works under direct supervision of Lead, Journeyman, Foreman, or Superintendent
- Maintain a high level of initiative while preforming assigned tasks
- Attend plumbing apprentice classes if the required courses have not already been completed (Classes at SFC and sponsored by CT Mechanical)
- Read a tape measure
- Measure and cut pipe
- Helping with roughing in new plumbing systems
- Our ideal candidate is dependable, reliable, competent, responsible, and organized
- Team oriented
- Able to work an 8 hour shift outdoors
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds regularly and more than 50 pounds occasionally
- Strong communication skills
- Strong basic math skills
- Experience with various types of pipe (preferred)
- Able to operate powered equipment including hand tools, stationary machines and others in a safe manner at all times
- Above average problem solving skills
- Able to drive a motor vehicle and maintain a valid driver’s license in order to commute to various job sites
We are looking for a candidate who aligns with our Core Values:
- Comfort is Our Concern – create comfortable environments. Deliver peace of mind.
- Commitment to Quality – Never Cut corners. See it through to the very end.
- Answer through Ingenuity – Bring curiosity, creativity and craft to every job.
- People over Ego – Results matter much more than accolades.
- Clear, considerate communication – Tell the truth with kindness and respect.
- Go farther together – Excellence grows from multifaceted partnerships.
Compensation: $16-20/hour, Full-time
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
- Health (80% Employer Contribution)
- Dental & Vision
- Basic & Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accidental & Short-Term Disability
- 401K and Matching
- Celebrate Primary Care
- PTO & Holiday Pay
In addition to these awesome benefits, we offer: gym membership reimbursements, a company funded Wellness Program, uniforms, employee gifts, birthday & holiday gifts, culture teams with fun quarterly events, company parties and fishing tournament & lots of opportunities to get involved in our community and give back! Some positions may also include: company vehicle, gas card, credit card, phone, tablet and/or laptops.
Comfort is our business. Peace of mind if our promise. Comfort Temp offers full service mechanical contracting for new and existing buildings. We are a growing company built on family values. We have office locations in Gainesville, Jacksonville, and Orlando.
Equal Opportunities Employer:
Comfort Temp Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristic.