Comfort Temp Company is looking for an experienced safety coordinator to join our growing team!
- Advise on provisions and protocols to minimize safety risk
- Confirm project sites fulfill industry, local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations.
- Conduct orientation and training sessions for new employees, vendors, subcontractors, etc.
- Develop and enforce both OSHA and company safety policies
- Investigates ALL accidents and near misses, which could or did result in personal injury or property damage
- Maintain schedule of safety meetings
- Inspects the project site on an ongoing basis using safety checklist
- Ensure that all posters required by law are in place on site and in the job office
- Maintain a first aid kit of sufficient size for the number of employees on the jobsite
- Ensure all field staff adhere to safety procedures
- Maintain a record of all safety-related incidents
- Collaborate with Project Managers and HR to identify safety issues
- Classifies all occupational injuries and illnesses per OSHA record keeping practices
- Provide project management team with guidance on health and safety policies
- Develop and support a zero-injury safety culture on each project
- Plan and conduct periodic and unscheduled surveys and inspections of projects to ensure quality control
- Enforce utilization of PPE
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (including but not limited to)
- 1-3 years of safety coordination or related experience
- In depth knowledge of OSHA guidelines and practices
- Knowledge of mechanical and plumbing contracting
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with an adaptable and flexible style in working with all types of individuals
- Flexibility and willingness to accept changes in priorities as necessary
- OSHA 10 required; OSHA 30 preferred
- Proficient in MS office suite
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- CPR Certified
- First Responder certification preferred
We are looking for a candidate who aligns with our Core Values:
- Comfort is Our Concern – create comfortable environments. Deliver peace of mind.
- Commitment to Quality – Never Cut corners. See it through to the very end.
- Answer through Ingenuity – Bring curiosity, creativity and craft to every job.
- People over Ego – Results matter much more than accolades.
- Clear, considerate communication – Tell the truth with kindness and respect.
- Go farther together – Excellence grows from multifaceted partnerships.
$18.00 – $22.00/ hr
- Health (80% Employer Contribution)
- Dental & Vision
- Basic & Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accidental & Short-Term Disability
- 401K and Matching
- Celebrate Primary Care
- PTO & Holiday Pay
In addition to these awesome benefits, we offer: gym membership reimbursements, a company funded Wellness Program, uniforms, employee gifts, birthday & holiday gifts, culture teams with fun quarterly events, company parties and fishing tournament & lots of opportunities to get involved in our community and give back!
Comfort is our business. Peace of mind if our promise. Comfort Temp offers full service mechanical contracting for new and existing buildings. We are a growing company built on family values. We have office locations in Gainesville, Jacksonville, Orlando, and Tampa
Equal Opportunities Employer:
Comfort Temp Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristic.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $22.00 per hour