CT Mechanical is looking for a new Project Engineer to join our growing team! Our ideal candidate is a motivated self start who is able to work independently as well as with a team.
WORK HOURS (Approximate)
7:00 am – 4:30 pm
PAY SCALE $45,000/ year. Pay is negotiable depending on experience
- Collect Estimator information and help fill out basic job info on tracking log, including vendors/subcontractors being used with their amounts that will be needing PO’s
- Set up Turnover meetings for mechanical projects in Jacksonville
- Requests lead times on materials/equipment & put on tracking log for PM’s reference
- When needed, turn in ODP request & track & approve invoices for owner payment
- Assure all subcontractors have most up to date job schedule
- Read plan and specs and compose submittal list
- Request access to all plan share sites and request submittals from vendors and subcontractors
- Make sure job tracking/PM log is updated as needed, such as returned submittals, released materials, when PO’s/subcontracts issued/signed & Change Orders submitted & approved
- Submit submittals for approval & forward back to vendors/subcontractors when returned & remember to upload submittals to Esubs
- As plan revisions come in, make sure that our files and those of any subs involved are updated
- Issue purchase orders/subcontracts to Subcontractors & log into ESUBS as well as any subcontractor change orders. Make sure any changes are updated on job tracking log
- Collect Job Specific certificates of insurance for all mechanical subcontractors for projects in Jacksonville
- Create and upkeep the operation & maintenance manuals for each job
- Collect O & M’s from Vendors, start-up reports and as-built from field guys, Test and Balance reports and issue warranty letter & forward complete manual to the GC. Help schedule Owner training if need
- Assist Project Administrator and Project Managers with any administrative task
- Serve as a first line resource for all incoming calls for CT Mechanical
- Proficient with Microsoft office quite including excel, outlook, work, etc.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a project engineer, project coordinator, or similar role
- eSUB experience (preferred)
- Availability to work in Gainesville, FL as well as Jacksonville, FL
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Project Management, or other related field highly preferred
We are looking for a candidate who aligns with our Core Values:
- Comfort is Our Concern – create comfortable environments. Deliver peace of mind.
- Commitment to Quality – Never Cut corners. See it through to the very end.
- Answer through Ingenuity – Bring curiosity, creativity and craft to every job.
- People over Ego – Results matter much more than accolades.
- Clear, considerate communication – Tell the truth with kindness and respect.
- Go farther together – Excellence grows from multifaceted partnerships.
- Health (80% Employer Contribution)
- Dental & Vision
- Basic & Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accidental & Short-Term Disability
- 401K and Matching
- Celebrate Primary Care
- PTO & Holiday Pay
In addition to these awesome benefits, we offer: gym membership reimbursements, a company funded Wellness Program, uniforms, employee gifts, birthday & holiday gifts, culture teams with fun quarterly events, company parties and fishing tournament & lots of opportunities to get involved in our community and give back! Some positions may also include: company vehicle, gas card, credit card, phone, tablet and/or laptops.
Comfort is our business. Peace of mind if our promise. Comfort Temp offers full service mechanical contracting for new and existing buildings. We are a growing company built on family values. We have office locations in Gainesville, Jacksonville, and Orlando.
Equal Opportunities Employer:
Comfort Temp Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristic.