Construction Apprentice/ Helper- HVAC
CT Mechanical is seeking candidates with a construction background who are looking to get into the HVAC trade to join our growing team! You will be working alongside our Pipe fitters, Plumbers, Sheetmetal journeyman, and Sheetmetal mechanics on commercial job sites in and around the Jacksonville area.
Our ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual, who is looking to grow within the company. Opportunity for paid apprenticeship program in the fall.
- Preform all work in a safe manner, being mindful of other team members to ensure they are working in a safe manner as well.
- Wear required PPE as required at all times
- Drive to various job sites throughout Jacksonville, and the surrounding areas.
- Abide by all safety and company conduct policies as well as any conduct policies established by specific job sites.
- Perform a variety of duties assigned by all superiors including Journeyman, Foremen, Superintendents, etc.
- Work under direct supervision of Lead, Journeyman, Forman, Superintendent, etc.
- Maintain a high level of initiative while completing assigned duties.
- Attend HVAC, Sheet Metal, or Plumbing apprentice classes sponsored by CT Mechanical.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds regularly, and more than 50 pounds occasionally.
- Maintain a valid drivers license and be able to drive a motor vehicle to different job sites throughout Jacksonville, and the surrounding areas.
- Must be able to read a tape measure
- Have hand and cordless drill and impact power tools, as well as other basic hand tools
- Strong communication skills
- Must be able to follow orders and directions
- Above average problem solving skills
- OSHA 10 & EPA (Preferred)
- Must pass a pre employment drug screen, as well as randomized drug screens
We are looking for a candidate who aligns with our Core Values:
- Comfort is Our Concern – create comfortable environments. Deliver peace of mind.
- Commitment to Quality – Never Cut corners. See it through to the very end.
- Answer through Ingenuity – Bring curiosity, creativity and craft to every job.
- People over Ego – Results matter much more than accolades.
- Clear, considerate communication – Tell the truth with kindness and respect.
- Go farther together – Excellence grows from multifaceted partnerships.
Compensation: $14.00 – $20.00/hour, Full-time
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
- Health (80% Employer Contribution)
- Dental & Vision
- Basic & Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accidental & Short-Term Disability
- 401K and Matching
- Celebrate Primary Care
- PTO & Holiday Pay
In addition to these awesome benefits, we offer: gym membership reimbursements, a company funded Wellness Program, uniforms, employee gifts, birthday & holiday gifts, culture teams with fun quarterly events, company parties and fishing tournament & lots of opportunities to get involved in our community and give back! Some positions may also include: company vehicle, gas card, credit card, phone, tablet and/or laptops.
Comfort is our business. Peace of mind if our promise. Comfort Temp offers full service mechanical contracting for new and existing buildings. We are a growing company built on family values. We have office locations in Gainesville, Jacksonville, and Orlando.
Equal Opportunities Employer:
Comfort Temp Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristic.